Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rose Creations Birthday Card

A few days ago, one of my cousins asked me to create a special birthday card for one of her cousins who will soon celebrate her 90th birthday.   This is what I came up with.   I hope she likes it!!



I started with a card base of Esse Smooth Pearlized White paper.  I cut the largest Lattice Rectangles from the same paper for my first layer, as well as one of the Fancy Tags Two for the Happy Birthday greeting which came from the Inspirational Birthday Rubz.  I used the matching Pink Pearls Nestabling to outline the greeting.  I used White Baby Pearls to accent the Lattice Rectangles.

The pink rose was really fun to make!  It's made from Rose Creations by Spellbinders and shaped using the new McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit.  I love these tools!  They make shaping your flowers a breeze!!!   The center is one of the mid-sized pearls from the White Pearls.  The paper is DCWV.   I used Stardream Emerald cardstock for the rose leaves and Fanciful Flourish behind the rose.  I spritzed the rose with Tsusineko Sheer Shimmer Spritz.  The finishing touch was one of the Mini Exotic Butterflies with White Baby Pearls placed along the body of the butterfly.

Just before I placed the entire piece on the card base, I scored two lines above and below the lattic rectangle.  I used foam dots to give the Lattice Rectangle and the Fancy Tag dimension.




Inside the card, I used a smaller Lattice Rectangle, accented again with White Baby Pearls, and made a smaller version of the pink rose.


Click on the links above to go to the items in the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop.

There are several new items in the shop this week.
Check it all out!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

2 comments:

Jill said...

Gorgeous card, Beverly. I really love that flower, and the butterfly. You did a spectacular job. Thank you so much for sharing.

Judy1223 said...

Beverly, this card is drop-dead GORGEOUS! WOW! What amazing details, and such a thorough description of how you made it (I love that!). This is sure to make your cousin happy!