Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bird Sanctuary Birthday

I made this card for Mom's birthday last week. It's a little different than I usually make, Mom and I both liked it and I hope you do too!

I made the card base using Reich Shine Champagne specialty paper.   It's really beautiful and shimmery!  I used the Curious Translucents Plum Iridescent for the mat and embossed it with the Scrollworks Crafts Too! embossing folder.   I also cut the bird cage which is from the Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary set from the same paper and embossed it as well with Scrollworks. 

One of the Mini Exotic Butterflies is cut from the same paper and the other from Stardream Chiara Coral.  Both of the butterfly bodies are embellished with Baby Pearls - White .  The bird cage is mounted onto Spellbinders Teardrop Circles also cut from Stardream Chiara Coral.   I finished it with a flower from the Ceylon Garden collection, Finesse Swirls - Brown Rhinestones, and added a strip of Butterfly Borders to the top and bottom.

For the inside of the card, I cut the bird from the Bird Sanctuary set from Curious Translucents Plum Iridescent and set him atop the Fancy Tag on which I used a Happy Birthday sentiment from the Birthday Rubz and embellished with Baby Pearls - White.  Foam dots are used to add dimension on both the front and inside of the card.

Front

Inside

I've just added a Clearance section to the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop where you will find some great bargains!   Keep an eye out for future bargains too!

I've ordered several new items from the latest Cheery Lynn release.   I expect them to arrive in the next day or so.   You can see them all here.   The new dies are marked Pre-order until they arrive.   I don't think they will last long, so order yours now!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Tina Campbell said...

Stunning card you did a great job on it. Lots of beautiful detail.