Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dots and Lace

Here's a birthday card I made recently.   I used the new Stardream Ruby for the center piece of the mat.   Although this is called Ruby, it is really a very beautiful purple with a gorgeous sheen!   This cardstock and all other papers are 20% off October 1-2 only.   Details here

I embossed the Ruby cardstock with the Dots embossing folder by Crafts Too!   The Dots folder has an advantage over other similar folders in that it is bigger -5" x 5".   So if you want to use it on a larger card, it covers more real estate than some other brands. The pink side pieces are from my stash as is the floral border. 

The Assorted Lines are great to frame the card!   I used lace from my stash down the center and cut a Fanciful Flourish from Stardream Emerald to place behind the flower from the Ceylon Garden set.


Dots and Lace
Beverly
Very easy to make!  Try it, won't you?



On another note, I would love to have you follow me on Twitter and get the latest updates right away!   The link is on the left sidebar.   My username is bevbohannon. 

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Very pretty card! You say the pink is from your stash - do you make a whole lot of embossed pieces to use later, or do you do the embossing on an as-needed basis?

Beverly Bohannon said...

Thanks so much, Elsie! I definitely emboss as-needed. I keep my Cuttlebug or my Grand Calibur on my work table where one or the other is always within reach. I rarely make a card without cutting and/or embossing.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else!!

Beverly