Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Chris' Flower Challenge

This is Chrissy D here. Welcome to the Classy Cards 'n Such Blog! Today I am sharing my CHALLENGE CARD! This week's challenge is FLOWERS! I tried to use flowers on every part of my card! Beverly has such a beautiful variety of flower papers3-D Art, stamps, dies and flowers - so much to choose from!!

 I hope you will join us. You can see the entire Design Team's challenge cards HERE.

Here are the details for my card. I created a Criss Cross Card with 2 sheets of light blue cardstock. Each cardstock measures 5 1/2" x 8 1/2". I layered the Bo Bunny Gabrielle Collection patterned papers on the blue card stock.

Using the JustRite Botanical Butterflies set I stamped in chocolate ink and colored with Copic colors Y21, Y11, Y26, G21, G24, YG17.

I used the following dies and cut them out using my die cut machine in brown, pale yellow and vanilla cardstock: Large Circles Spellbinders, Blossoms Three, and Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish. Using pop dots, I added dimension by putting the dots between the layers of chocolate and vanilla cardstock.

Once everything was adhered together, I added some Gold Stickles to jazz it up a bit more. Using mini glue dots, I adhered the Tea Roses Latte flower and added a few Wild Orchid Flowers and leaves to the side to create more balance.

I created a pocket for my card with celery cardstock measuring 3 3/4" x 5" and added a white layer measuring 3 1/2" x 4 3/4". I stamped the flower spring on the corners and colored them with B21, G21 Copic markers. Using a rounded tab punch, I added a pull tab and attached it to the top portion using a 1/16th" hole punch and gold brad.









I hope you enjoyed my project today! Please join us in our challenge!   We would love to see you participate! 



Be sure to keep an eye on the Challenge Calendar button on the right sidebar to know what will be coming up next!  And the Current Challenge button on the right sidebar is an easy way to find which challenge is active now.


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

1 comment:

Holly said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the soft colors and that leafy flourish!!