Monday, March 12, 2012

Debbie's Sketch Challenge #3

This card was made using a sketch drawn for the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. This is my view of it. I turned it in the other direction so I could use the stamp I wanted to use. 


Supplies you can pick up from Classy Cards 'n Such are:
Mini Flourish One die cut from Cherry Lynn Designs
Sofia Wishes, Stampavie Sarah Kay stamp
Hearts embossing folder from Crafts too


Other supplies: purple, white, and light purple paper, bling, Copic markers, black ink, clear glue, corner rounder,
double stick tape, Cuttlebug

I started by stamping Sofia Wishes with my black ink and coloring her with copic markers. I embossed the Rose Quartz paper with the Hearts embossing folder. This folder gives a really deep emboss!

Then I cut out the flourish from the dark purple paper.  I find to get the best cutting with Cheery Lynn designs in a Cuttlebug you need the Cuttlehug  This is a piece of thin metal that adds just the correct amount of extra thickness needed for the Cherry Lynn designs dies. Your sandwich is A plate, B plate, die cut with the cutting side up, paper, Cuttlehug, C plate. This is to cut it out. Your sandwich could be different as all die cut machines, including different Cuttlebugs, can require a slightly different sandwich.  Just don't force it through your 'Bug or the Cuttlebug could break.


To do the embossing with the die cut which we all love you use the following sandwich: A plate, B plate, die, embossing mat, cuttlehug, B plate. 

I layered the card starting with the dark purple, then the hearts, then the light purple and my image. Then I glued on the Mini Flourish and added some bling on it and also in the lower corner of the light purple.







I hope you enjoyed my version of this sketch.


Thanks!

Debbie 
Thanks, Debbie!!  Be sure to click the gold links above to find the items that Debbie used in the Classy Cards shop.


We are offering a $10 Classy Cards Gift Certificate to be given to one random person who likes the Classy Cards Facebook page by Friday, March 16th!  That's an easy way to win free product!   Just click here to go to the Classy Cards Facebook wall.


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

Karen W said...

Very sweet card, she's so cute!!

Chrissy D said...

Love the Rose Quartz paper and such a precious image! Beautiful work, Debbie