Sunday, March 11, 2012

Holly's Sketch Challenge #3

Hello, folks!  It's Holly posting today, and I'm sharing this shabby chic card that I created for the current challenge that was posted on Friday (March 9).  I've used the following products from the Classy Cards 'n Such store:

Chalk White seam binding (dyed with Victorian Velvet distress ink)


I started by stamping the Eau de Cologne image with black ink onto white cardstock, and then I watercolored it with the distress inks listed above.


While the ink was drying, I smooshed the Victorian Velvet distress ink onto my craft mat, misted the Chalk White seam binding with water, and then smooshed the seam binding into the ink on my craft mat.  When I was happy with the coverage of ink on the ribbon, I crumpled it up in my hand and then set it aside to dry.


The black card base measures 4.25" square, so I cut some designer paper to 4" square and rounded off the edges with a corner chomper.  The black designer paper measures 3" x 3.75" and I used a corner  punch on the corners.  The stamped and colored image was cut with a Labels 4 die, and then I sponged some Antique Linen distress ink all over it to give it an aged, shabby appearance.  


When the seam binding was dry, I wrapped it loosely around my fingers and then tied it in the middle.  I love the crumpled, wrinkled look of this hand-dyed ribbon!


Thanks, Holly!!!  I love the vintage look!!


Want to participate in our current challenge?   All of the details are here.   This is such a fun and easy challenge!!  Try it, won't you???


Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers are still on pre-order pricing for a limited time only!  Once the shipment arrives, they will revert to regular pricing of $114.99!  So reserve your set now while they are only $97.99!!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

Karen W said...

Very nice Beverly, pretty and vintage, I love it!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is gorgeous! Love the vintage style of this image.