Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chris' Embossed Challenge Card

Hello Classy Cards 'n Such Friends! This is Chrissy D sharing a card from our current challenge! This week's challenge is to use EMBOSSING on your cards! You can join us in the fun HERE.

I used the Simple Swipes technique from the February/ March issue of Technique Junkies. I then stamped an image from the Sea Shell Bay Labels Twenty Two stamp set from JustRite in Versamark ink and sprinkled Black Fine Detail Embossing Powder over the image and heat set it with the heat tool.  I cut out the stamped image using Spellbinders Labels Twenty-two.

I started my card with an 11" x 4 1/4" card base of navy cardstock.   I then layered a mat of eggplant which measured 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".   On top of that, I placed another layer measuring 3 3/4" x 5" of the gorgeous Pegasus cardstock from Layering Swatches #1 Metallic which was embossed with the Dots embossing folder.   Toward the middle of the card, I added a strip of beautiful Bluebell, also from the Layering Swatches #1 Metallic which measured 3 3/4" x 2" and was embossed with the Scrollworks embossing folder.  Just beneath that, I used a Martha Stewart Victorian Edge punch to punch a strip of eggplant.   I then popped up the focal image using the Joy! Foam Pads Small to give the card some dimension. 

Using the Silver Viva Decor Pearl Pen, I added some accents in each of the corners. Once that dried, I used the Cream Viva Decor Pearl Pen and added a dotted border around the entire card.To finish off the card, I wrapped silver cord around and tied a bow.






I hope you enjoyed my card today! We hope you will join us in this current challenge!  Have a wonderful day!
Thanks, Chris!  There are still a few more days before the current challenge featuring embossing folders closes.   I hope you will join us!  Details here.


Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ohhhhh so pretty! Love the soft graduated colors!