Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cat Grads

Today, Chris is showcasing the Cat Grad stamp from Stampavie in three very different ways!   This post is longer than usual, but stick with us as I think the results are worth it!! The possibilities are really endless so let your imagination fly!!!  First up is the card shown on the announcement for the latest Classy Cards Challenge - Graduation!!

I stamped the Cat Grad with black and colored with Copic Markers on Cryogen White cardstock. I layered the Cat Grad on burgundy and mustard cardstock and then layered these with Joy! Foam Pads, small on the Layering Swatches #1 Metallic Papers which I embossed with the Dots Embossing Folder.

I cut a Fanciful Flourish and used a few tools to make this job a little easier.  I find the Crafter's Tools by Cheery Lynn Designs so helpful in moving and molding die cuts,  while the Cuttlehug helps eliminate the need for additional paper shims. The Sakura Quickie Glue Pen is a wonderful adhesive that works great on dies with a lot of details and small areas. 

I stamped Celebrate from the Topsy Turvy Cakes JustRite stamp set and added a small gold gem in the corner to add a little pizzazz. 



I stamped the Cat Grad three times on white cardstock in black ink and colored with Copic markers. I mounted the images on textured amethyst and black cardstock. I used patterned paper from my stash and adhered it to amethyst and black cardstock. 

This card will fit into a legal sized envelope. I wrapped black grosgrain ribbon around and then layered the Cat Grad stamp using the Joy! Foam Pads Small to give the card a bit of dimension.

I cut out the Canadian Kaleidoscope Doily in black, cut it into sections and adhered two of the corners using the Quickie Glue Pen. These doily dies are my FAVORITES and work best to add a shim. I used the Cuttlehug which helps eliminate the need for extra shims.

I used Spellbinders Labels Ten and stamped the frame and Celebrate from Topsy Turvy Cakes. I added black Viva Decor dots.

These Stampavie Stamps are so much fun to color! Classy Cards 'n Such even has the NEW Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers! 



I painted the cute Cat Grad image using the Twinkling H20s Passion set with my aqua painter brush.  Once colored, I cut out the Spellbinders Lacey Circles and Circles. I slightly off set them when mounting them on red Layering Swatches #2 Deep Variety that I embossed. I mounted this on white cardstock embossed with the Dots Embossing Folder


To add a little flair to the card, I tied a grey satin ribbon around and added the little red flower made with the Miniature Rose Die from Cheery Lynn Designs and shaped the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit.  I used the Sakura Quickie Glue Pen to adhere all of the little blossoms together. Finally, I added three silver rhinestones on the internal portion of the flower and in the corner. 




Thanks, Chris, for some really cute examples of how one stamp can be used in so many different ways!!  Follow the gold links above to find the items in the Classy Cards shop.


Show us your graduation creations by entering our challenge here!  AND be eligible to win a $10 Gift Certificate to the Classy Cards shop!


Be sure to check out our deal on Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers here.   Classy Cards has made these markers very affordable!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...






Pin It

No comments: