Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Holly's Copper Fish


Hi, it's Holly posting today.  Have you seen the new Father's Day Bundles?  I created this card using the Bass Fishing Bundle, and it's perfect for giving to the men in my family.
I started by cutting out the awesome Bass Fishing Cheery Lynn die from plain white cardstock.  I covered the entire die cut with copper pigment ink and then poured the Copper embossing powder over the whole thing.  A heat gun melted the Copper embossing powder onto the die cut, and I set it aside to cool. 
Do you see the rich blue/green background?  I used the Watercolor Distress technique from Technique Junkies to create that background with four of the Tim Holtz distress inks - Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Peacock Feathers (Spring 2012 set), and Evergreen Bough (Winter 2011 set).  I love how these colors look together!  I adhered my "copper fish" to this background, and then adhered the whole thing to a plain white card base.  One of the Father's Day Rubz is applied to the inside of the card to wish my dad a Happy Father's Day.  



Check out the Father's Day Bundles at Classy Cards 'n Such. 
 These are wonderful money-saving deals!!!


Holly is right!  These are great deals!!  Get yours while supplies last!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: