Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Holly's Kraft Sympathy Card


Hi again!  It's Holly posting today, and I'm sharing this Kraft Sympathy card with you.  I wanted to create a soft, gentle, soothing card that will be welcomed by someone who needs comforting.  It's never easy to make sympathy cards, so I wanted to use soft colors instead of somber black and white colors.


 
I've used these Classy Cards 'n Such products:
 
With Sympathy (JustRite)
Labels 21 (Spellbinders)
 
I started by stamping the sentiment with kraft ink onto vanilla cardstock.  I cut this out with a Classic Oval Large die and then sponged some soft blue ink around the edges.  The scalloped kraft layer was cut out with a Classic Scallop Oval Large die which is in stock at Classy Cards 'n Such.  I adhered the sentiment to the scalloped kraft layer and set this aside.
 
I cut a long piece of Chalk White seam binding and pressed it into my kraft inkpad until it was mostly covered with ink.  I needed to soften the color a bit, so I crumpled up the seam binding in my hand and misted it with water.  I set this aside to dry and continued working on my card.
 
The kraft card base is 5.5" x 4.25" and I cut some designer paper to 5.25" x 4" and adhered that to the card base.  I used a Labels 21 die to cut the soft blue polka dot piece and adhered that to the card.  I tied the dried colored seam binding around the card and fashioned a shabby bow on the right side.  Lastly, I adhered the sentiment with some foam tape to the center of the card.
 
Just a little note - you've probably seen me using a lot of Chalk White seam binding on my projects here.  I love this stuff!  You can order this to whatever length you need - Beverly will not cut this up into one yard pieces like some other places do.  She will leave it in one whole uncut piece whether it is 5 yards or 15 yards.  I order mine in the longest length I can get because I am going through this stuff like crazy.  It's wonderful in its original color and it's so easy to custom-color to coordinate with my projects.


Thanks, Holly!   Sympathy cards are something we seem to need often lately, so I'll be posting some of mine later on.

There is still time to enter our LACE challenge which closes tomorrow morning!  Details here.

There are still three days left in Our First Anniversary Blowout Sale!!  You can see our other current sales here.  There are still great deals to be had, so shop now!

Click on any of the gold links above for more info.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: