Sunday, June 10, 2012

Musical Friend

It's Holly posting today and I've got a romantic and musical card to share with you. First, the products from Classy Cards 'n Such are: 

I cut some dark brown cardstock to 4.25" x 11" and folded it in half to make a card that is 4.25" x 5.5". Some musical paper from the Pretty in Pink paper pad was cut to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and adhered to the brown card base. The doily is cut from the Stardream Fuse Azalea cardstock - a gorgeous shimmery mauve-y color. I had already used the top third of this doily on another card, and this is what was left. I cut a circle from vanilla cardstock and another, smaller, circle from the rose paper (also from the Pretty in Pink paper pad), then adhered these to the center of the doily. I cut off what was sticking out from the edge and adhered the doily to the musical paper. 


I tied the gorgeous ribbon around the card, moving the knotted end to the left side. I stamped the "Friend" sentiment with brown ink onto vanilla cardstock and used scissors to trim it into a tag shape. I punched a tiny hole at the top and threaded some linen thread through the hole and tied it around the knot of the blue ribbon. Lastly, I adhered the butterfly to the top of the knot.




What an elegant card!   Any friend should be pleased to be the recipient!!


The gold links above will take you directly to the items in the shop for more info or to purchase.


Be sure to enter our color challenge!   We want to see your creations and give you an opportunity to win a $10 Classy Cards gift certificate!  Click here for details.


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: