Wednesday, July 18, 2012

White on White



Howdy, it's Holly posting today.  Have you played in the Handmade Flowers challenge here on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog?  This is a fun and easy challenge.  If you have any flower punches or floral dies, pull them out and show us what you create with them.


I went completely white for my card today.  Everything is white except for the sentiment.  The card base and all the die cuts as well as the brads are white.  This makes for a fun change of pace, doesn't it?  The trick with creating all-white cards is you need to have lots of texture to break up all the white-ness.  You can see plenty of texture here with the shaped flowers, the leaves, the intricate oval die and the rounded brads.

I started by stamping my sentiment directly onto the white card base, and then I adhered the Polynesian Sails Oval around the sentiment.  I die cut some tropical leaves and glued those down on the oval, then I die cut some Olive Branches and glued those down on each side.  I die cut a bunch of flower pieces from the Build a Flower #1 set as well as from the Sweet William set.  It was fun to just play around with the various flower pieces and I mixed and matched them until I got a flower I liked.  I used my fingers to pinch some flower petals and fluff up the stamens.  I used white brads to put each flower together, and then I glued them down over the leaves on the oval die cut.


I've used these products from Classy Cards 'n Such to create this card:
Polynesian Sails Oval die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Tropical Leaves dies (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Olive Branches dies (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Sweet William flower dies (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Build a Flower #1 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)


I hope you have a wonderful day!
Be sure to upload your projects with beautiful handmade flowers to our challenge


Follow the gold links above to see each product.


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: