Saturday, September 8, 2012

Apples


It's Holly posting today, and I'm ready for some fall weather.  This card definitely says "fall" to me - the leaves turning from green to yellow, the ripe red apples, the grass starting to turn that harvest straw color, the teensy little hint of coolness in the air....  ahhhhhhh.  :-)


I stamped this gorgeous Apples (Impression Obsession) stamp with black Stazon ink onto watercolor paper and then watercolored it with the wonderful Distress Ink Markers and the Tim Holtz Water Brush - Detailer Brush Nib.  I worked from the lightest colors to the darkest colors, letting each section dry before moving on with a new color.  I didn't want to get too precise with my coloring, as I was going for a breezy, artsy, watercolor look.
 
Once the watercolored image was completely dry, I distressed the edges and matted it with some black cardstock that I've turned into a Torn Frame (Technique Junkies technique).  The red cardbase is stamped with the Thick and Thin Cover-a-Card background stamp (Impression Obsession) and I wrapped some twine around the top and tied it off with a green button.  

Check out our Bundles for some wonderful deals!   Have a great crafting weekend!!

Click on any of the gold links for more info.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: