Sunday, September 23, 2012

Deer Trio

Hi everyone!   I needed a masculine birthday card and those are always challenging for me.   However, with the new Deer Trio from Memory Box, it became much easier!  

The card base is kraft paper.  I cut a beige mat using the new A2 Matting Basics B and then a smaller mat with the next smaller size.  I embossed the brown, smaller mat using the Bricks and Bark M-Bossabilities.  LOVE how this worked!   It did require a different sandwich in my Cuttlebug - A plate, M-Bossabilities with cardstock inside, C plate.  It seemed like it wasn't quite as tight as I'm used to but I got a good imprint.

I cut a white Mega Ovals, LG from Spellbinders and stamped the trees.   I cut the Deer Trio from white cardstock and sponged it with Antique Linen.  The Deer Trio comes with a paper base when you cut it out, but I wanted them spaced differently, so I cut the base away and mounted them with varying heights of foam pads.   I used gold lines to frame the card front.

I did a similar design inside, just on a smaller scale.  I used a Birthday Rubz for the sentiment and adhered it to the white cardstock by using a McGill stylus.  The Tweezer Bees are great for placing mats and other items on your cards.  It keeps fingers out of the line of vision.  :-)




Click on any of the gold links for more info!

Be sure to check out the Classy Cards Design Team call!  All of the details are here.   I'm looking forward to seeing your work!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Judy1223 said...

I love the depth you've created...a great masculine card!