Monday, September 17, 2012

DT Call and Rusty Chicken Wire

You may be wondering what a Design Team call and Rusty Chicken Wire have in common.   Well, not much except that I need to post them on the same day!  :-)

It's time for another Classy Cards Design Team call!!   If you think you would be a good creative fit for this blog and shop, please click here for all the details!  Previous design team experience is not required, so don't let that stop you from applying.  The deadline is September 30th.  Good luck to everyone!!

Hi folks!  It's Holly posting today, and I'm sharing this rusty chicken wire card with y'all.  Look at the chicken wire on this card.  I cut that from kraft cardstock - yup, kraft!  I used a Faux Rusty Metal technique from Technique Junkies to transform this from plain kraft cardstock to rusty metal.  Isn't that cool?  :-)   


I used the brand new Chicken Wire die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and transformed the kraft die cut with the Faux Rusty Metal technique, and then I adhered this to a piece of patterned paper from the Harvest Lane 6x6 pad.  I stamped the sentiment (from Stampavie's With Love set) directly onto one of the little tags that is in the Harvest Lane 6x6 pad.  I wrapped some linen thread around the middle and then adhered the sentiment with Joy foam pads (small).  The pretty flower and leaves are from Judy's Blooms die set (Cheery Lynn Designs).  I die cut the flowers from vanilla cardstock and then sponged some rusty orange ink onto the petals.  Once the ink was dry, I turned the petals over onto a Craft Molding Mat and used a stylus from the Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to give the petals a curved shape.

Cute card, Holly!  

Join the Classy Cards newsletter group for great deals!!  Sign up below the pink envelope and pencil on the upper left of this page!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

Gloria Westerman said...

I will be getting some of my cards up and emailing you soon....I hope you like my work....would love to be on your team....

Waseem said...

This is beautiful card...I'd like to design my Metal business cards just like that.