Saturday, September 15, 2012

Holly's Fall Delight

Hi folks!  It's Holly posting today, and I'm sharing this fun fall card with y'all.  This card took less than an hour to make, from cutting the cardstock and papers and die cutting the flowers, leaves, and flourish, to adhering all the parts down on the card base.  

Here's how I did it:
I started with a general idea for a sketch and then played with the papers in the Harvest Lane 6x6 pad.  Those papers determined the colors of cardstock I picked out - chocolate brown, olive green, and a sunny yellow.  The card base is a neutral ivory that I sponged with some Antique Linen distress ink.  I adhered a layer of olive green cardstock and then a layer of paper from the Harvest Lane 6x6 pad.  There are several pages that have some fun signs and sentiments, so I cut one of those out and cut another small square from some rust-colored paper in the same pad and adhered those to the card. 

The border at the bottom is the Lace Light Deco border that I've cut from chocolate brown cardstock.  I cut this piece in half and layered one behind the other for a different look.  I also used the same brown cardstock to cut a Mini Fanciful Flourish and adhered that to the rust-colored paper.  Next, the leaves were cut from olive green cardstock using the Leaf die, and then I used the Sunflower die with chocolate brown and sunny yellow cardstocks.  I sponged a little bit of Antique Linen distress ink on the flower petals to distress them a wee bit, and then I curled up the edges with my fingers.


 I love how this card came together, and the Harvest Lane papers and Cheery Lynn Designs dies made it so easy!  :-)


The Classy Fall Bundle #3 contains all of the elements needed to re-create Holly's card AND you save $4.29 when you buy the Bundle!  Supplies are limited so HURRY!!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the supplies in the Classy Cards shop.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: