Sunday, October 14, 2012

Azalea Ringed Circle Buckle

Hi everyone!  

I have a really fun and easy card for you today.   I've made several similar cards which can be used for just about any occasion.  Change out the colors or buckles and you have a completely different card!



I started with an ivory card base.  I usually match white and white, but this time, the ivory base just struck me!  :-)  I used the A2 Matting Basics A and A2 Matting Basics B to cut the pink and white mats.  The Matting Basics by Spellbinders make life so much easier for me when it comes to cutting mats!   They are always straight and have the exact borders that you want whether it's 1/8", 1/4" or multiples of one or the other!

The pink mat, Ringed Circle Buckle and Small Butterfly are all cut from Stardream Fuse Azalea cardstock.  I added white baby pearls to the center of the butterfly.

There are three buckle styles to choose from in the Classy Cards shop and you can see them all by clicking here.  You could always get extra use from the buckles by using them as a focal point or accent with a flower in the center!  

The white mat is from the beautiful Butterflies cardstock!

I cut a short length of Rose/Pink May Arts ribbon and wove it through the buckle and adhered the ends to the back of the Azalea mat.  I added a couple of glue dots under the buckle with ribbon to keep it a little flatter.  This ribbon style has several gorgeous colors to choose from!  You can see all of the ribbon in the Classy Cards shop by clicking here.

I added a Happy Birthday Rubz using a stylus from the Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit.  These are so quick and easy to apply and no mess!!!

I made a frame for the card front using gold lines stickers.  These have the look of gold embossing and I think it is just the perfect way to take your card to the next level. 
I hope you enjoyed my card today and will try it with your own flare!
Sign up for the Classy Cards newsletter by entering your name and email address under the pink envelope and pencil on the upper left side of this blog post.  You'll get exclusive deals and first notice of new products!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: