Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Joyous Noel Ornament Card

Are you ready for Christmas??  It's Holly today with another Christmas card to share with y'all.  This one has more muted and elegant tones with a little touch of glitter.

I started with a couple of patterned papers from the gorgeous Handmade Holiday 6x6 paper pack (Simple Stories) and adhered them to a strip of vanilla cardstock.  I added some Ivory Cotton Cluny lace over the bottom piece of patterned paper and taped it to the back of the vanilla cardstock strip.  This piece was then affixed to a burgundy card base.  

Next, I stamped the largest ornament from the Noel Christmas Ornaments stamp set (Just Rite) on some vanilla cardstock and cut it out with the coordinating 2010 Heirloom ornament die set (Spellbinders).  This ornament die set used to be in the Classy Cards 'n Such store, but I believe it has sold out.  (You can always cut this out with scissors.)  I colored the ornament with some Copic markers to match the papers and then I lightly sponged the edges with some Antique Linen distress ink.  Then I pulled out my stash of glitter and added some Chantilly glitter to the three circles on this ornament.  The ornament was then affixed to the card with some Joy foam pads (small).

This card can be created in tons of different colors - just change the papers and color-coordinate the ornament.  Best of all, this card doesn't have any bumpy embellishments and it will be perfect to pop in the mail.  I hope this inspires you to make a few more Christmas cards for your stash this year.  :-)



Really classy card, Holly!!  Holly is right...the 2010 Heirloom Ornament set did sell out, but I'm happy to place a special order for anyone who wants a set.   They are $24.99 plus shipping and can be ordered here.  

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: