Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Herringbone Christmas card

Hi, it's Holly posting today, and I am sharing this fun Herringbone Christmas card with you.  I've never made a Herringbone card before, and I love the way this turned out.


I started by cutting strips of paper from the Handmade Holiday 6x6 paper pad and then I followed the Herringbone Technique tutorial from Technique Junkies.  I layered this onto some vanilla cardstock and then onto a burgundy cardstock layer.  I wrapped some Chalk White seam binding around this herringbone layer and then I adhered this to my kraft card base.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession) with some burgundy ink onto kraft paper.  I cut that out with an oval die, and then I layered it with a vanilla oval die cut from the Classic Scallop Oval Small die set (Spellbinders).  I then layered the sentiment onto a burgundy oval die cut from the Lacey Ovals die set (Spellbinders).  This sentiment oval was adhered to the right side of the herringbone layer.

The last thing I did was cut out a Holly Corner (Cheery Lynn Designs) from some olive cardstock.  I cut off the little flourish that was on the side of the leaf and then glued the holly corner down next to the sentiment.  I needed some berries, but none of my pearls nor rhinestones were a deep burgundy color.  So I used a 1/8" hole punch to punch 3 circles from burgundy cardstock and affixed those to my holly corner.  
Everyone placing a minimum $25 order after all discounts and before shipping/handling will be placed in a drawing for a $75 shopping spree at Classy Cards! Domestic orders only. Your name will be entered once for every $25 you spend, increasing your chances of winning! International orders of $100 or more after all discounts and before shipping/handling will be entered as well - once for every $100 in purchases.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: