Sunday, November 4, 2012

Snowflower Season card


Hi Classy friends!  It's Holly posting today and I'm sharing this clean and simple Snowflower Season card.  Sometimes you just want to make some quick and easy Christmas cards so you can get them addressed and in the mail before the season is over, and this card fits the bill.  Other than the drying time for the liquid Gold Viva pearls, this card can be made in less than 10 minutes. 


These are the products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I used on my card:
Christmas Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession)
Snowflowers Set 1 dies (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Snowflowers Set 2 dies (Cheery Lynn Designs)

I started with a card base made from kraft cardstock and then I added a layer of dark brown cardstock.  I cut a sheet of patterned paper from the Rejoice 6x6 paper pad and layered it onto the dark brown cardstock.  Next, a small strip of green cardstock was adhered near the bottom of the card.  The sentiment was stamped onto kraft cardstock and then cut out with an oval die.  I layered that onto a Classic Scalloped Oval Large die cut from dark brown cardstock, and then adhered this to the small green cardstock strip.
The fun part was cutting out the new Snowflowers from Cheery Lynn Designs and playing around with the layout to see which snowflowers I wanted to use on my card.  I ended up using only five of the six Snowflower die cuts and I affixed them to the card in a random fashion.  The snowflowers needed a little oomph so I squeezed some Gold pearls into the centers.  This Gold Viva pearl pen is a thick liquid that you can squeeze onto your projects.  You can make round pearls or you can make squiggles or lines, whatever you want.  You can see how the pearls are different sizes on my card - that's the versatility of these pearl pens.  Love that!  :-)
Viva Decor Pearl Pen
Love those Viva Decor Pearl Pens!  I've just added Red and Green to the shop...perfect for Christmas!  You can see all of the colors here.

Click any of the gold links above to go to the item in the shop.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: