Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pink Hugs

Hi, it's Holly posting today.   This card that I've created for you is a very feminine, pink, floral, and flourish-y card.  Sometimes I just like to set out all my Cheery Lynn Designs dies and come up with something different.  Can you see what's "different" about my card?



Look at the lattice diamond.  Can you guess what die that is?  It's actually four of the Lace Corner Deco J lattice die cuts glued side by side to make a square.  Then I just turned the square around so it looks like a diamond.  Isn't that cool?  I came up with that just by playing around with the die cuts.

So from that lattice diamond, I decided to cut some flowers and leaves to put in the center.  I used the Sweet William dies to cut the flowers and the Leaf die to cut the green leaves.  I added a large White Pearl to  the center of the flowers.

My card base is a dark pink square upon which I've layered some striped paper from The Lake House paper pad collection.  I wrapped some Mauve sheer ribbon around the center of the card and then glued down the floral lattice piece.  I die cut some Mini Fanciful Flourishes from pale pink cardstock and tucked them in around my floral lattice piece.  Finally, I cut out the brand new Hugs sentiment from some dark pink cardstock and adhered that to the lower right corner.

Take some time to pull out some dies and play around with them.  You may be surprised at what new discoveries you make!  :-)
Very nice, Holly!  Thanks!

Have you joined the Classy Cards newsletter yet?   The best deals are offered there!  The sign up form is on the upper left of the blog under the pink envelope.

Click any of the gold links above for more info.

Thanks for stopping by!!!   Until next time...





Pin It

1 comment:

Karen W said...

Gorgeous and I have some of those corners, I will have to try this.