Thursday, April 4, 2013

Honeycomb Flower

Hi folks!  It's Holly posting today, and I created something a bit different to share with y'all.  



How do you like my cute Honeycomb Flower?  :-)  I cut out the Honeycomb Frame (Cheery Lynn Designs) and then used my scissors to snip certain sections out to create this fun flower.  I then glued it down onto the red gingham paper from the Summer Fresh 6x6 paper pad and cut off the excess paper from the edges.  A reserved brown piece from the frame was glued to the center.

For my focal layer, I cut a piece of white cardstock and sponged some Tumbled Glass distress ink around the edges.  I cut out the stem and a leaf from the new Orchid die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and glued them down, and then I die cut the Grass border (Cheery Lynn Designs) and glued that to the bottom.  The Honeycomb Flower was glued to the top of the green stem.  

I die cut the Hugs sentiment (Cheery Lynn Designs) and adhered the smaller version to my card, and then I pulled out the Tiny Things with Wings die (Cheery Lynn Designs) and cut the honeybee twice (once with white cardstock and once with brown cardstock).  On the white bee piece, I used my Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain to color it a soft yellow hue.  Once that was dry, I glued the dark brown bee piece on top of the yellow piece to create the bee.  The bee was glued down next to my Honeycomb Flower and I pulled the wings up so it looks like it is fluttering around on my card.

This scenic layer was glued to a red layer and then affixed to a white card base that was sponged with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I love this fun gingham Honeycomb Flower.  Just think of all the different papers you could put inside this flower!  
Very cute, Holly!

Click on any of the gold links above to see or order the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: