Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mother's Day Flowers


Good morning, Steph here and I'm thinking about Mother's Day, aren't you?  My mother always loved receiving my cards and I know she would have loved this one.
 
I used the Summer Flowers embossing folder.  I love the incredible details this embossing folder creates.
 
 
Here's a tip for using this embossing folder:  cut your cardstock to fit before embossing it.  This way you won't damage your embossed piece if you need to cut it smaller.
 
While the embossed piece itself is gorgeous, I wanted some color, so I lightly ran my ink pads across the embossed sections to get a really great effect.  I used Ranger Distress Inks in Rusty Hinge, Bundled Sage and Walnut Ink, randomly running the pads across the design.  After I had the look I wanted, I inked around the edges with Rusty Hinge and Walnut Ink.
 
The sentiment is from JustRite's Hugs & Kisses Sentiments.
 
 
I used the larger Joy Foam Adhesives between my layers.  I also added three White Pearls to the flower centers.


Thanks, Steph!  

Just think...you could easily do this same card in your mom's favorite colors!!

JustRite stamp sets, including the one Steph used, are on sale this week!   Get all of the details here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



 
Pin It

No comments: