Monday, April 1, 2013

Simple Things


Hey, it's Holly posting today, and I've got a fun and bright card to share.  I pulled out my Summer Fresh 6x6 paper pad from Simple Stories and I was inspired to create this fun and colorful card.


The first thing I did was cut out that sentiment block from the back of the Summer Fresh paper pad.  I love the sentiment and the flowery border around it.  The colors in that flowery border inspired the choices for the rest of my card.  

I cut the yellow polka dot paper from the Summer Fresh paper pad to 5.25" by 4" and adhered it to a sheet of dark blue cardstock that was cut to 5 3/8" by 4 1/8".  I pulled out some red cardstock and the new Mesh Border die (Cheery Lynn Designs), cut out my border, and adhered it to the yellow polka dot paper.  Some Chalk White seam binding was wrapped around the card over the red mesh border and adhered to the back.  I then adhered these layers to a vanilla card base.

The "simple things" sentiment was adhered to my card with Joy Foam Pads and I tied a bow from the Chalk White seam binding and adhered it just above the sentiment.  The beautiful butterfly (from the Exotic Butterflies small #2 die set - Cheery Lynn Designs) was cut from a pale blue cardstock and adhered to the upper part of my card.  Such a fun card to make!!
Great summer colors!  Thanks, Holly!!

Click any of the gold links above to see the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: