Monday, June 3, 2013

Grill in the Window

Hi folks!  It's Holly posting today.  I'm still technically on sabbatical while I'm doing my guest designer stint over at Cheery Lynn Designs, but I had to make some cards for Father's Day.  This is the one I'm sending to my Dad.


I kept this clean and simple.  I started with a Kraft card base and then I scored the front of the card with the Scor-Buddy every 1/4" inch.  I know it's hard to see, so here is a close-up picture:


The window was cut with brown cardstock and the Grand Madison Window die. I cut the Party Grill from white cardstock and then colored it with my Copic markers.  The grill was adhered to the back of the window, and then I trimmed a piece of pale blue cardstock and adhered that behind the grill.  The entire window piece was adhered to my scored kraft card base.  My finishing touch was to cut the letters from the Parker Upper Alphabet set and I arranged them to spell DAD below the window. 

I didn't add any other embellishments since this is going in the mail.  Also, my dad isn't into a lot of foo-foo, so I think this will be perfect.  I hope he likes it!  :-)
Another cute Father's Day card!   Thanks, Holly!!

Be sure to check out the NEW!!! section of the Classy Cards shop where you will find some great new items!

Click on any of the gold links for more info and to purchase the items Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...







Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I found this lovely blog and store through Karen Letchworth, one of your Guest Designers. Her art inspires me, and I couldn't resist stopping by. Now I'm completely inspired and hope to place an order when I have some "happy cash". What lovely things you sell, and great inspiration cards. I just love it all.
Sierra

joy said...

Great card! I think most Dads are not into foo-foo and this will be perfect for a non foo-foo dad!

Jennipher said...

Another fabulous masculine card.