Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cherry Bomb Pinwheel

Hi, it's Misti with another fun card for Classy Cards 'n Such!

When Beverly mentioned to the design team that she was adding some Candy Stripers embellishments to her Classy Cards 'n Such shop, I had never heard of them.  I felt like it was my duty to order some to know what she was talking about!  *grin* 
  



Supplies used:
Pinwheels and Popsicles by Flourishes
Summer Fresh 6 x 6 paper pad - Red Gingham paper
Dots Embossing Folder by Crafts Too!
Tim Holtz distress markers-- Antique LinenBarn Door


When I make a card that requires coloring, I always stamp my image and do everything I'm going to do to it before I color it... just in case I mess it up.  I've learned this the hard way!  LOL

For this card, I took the Classic Scalloped Ovals Large and cut the pinwheel out. While I'm cutting and embossing, I do everything at once, so I cut the sentiment out and ran the Dots Embossing Folder on the white panel.

Next I colored my image in.  I chose the easy way and used Barn Door with a hint of Antique Linen on the straw with the Detailer Water Brush.

I cut the red gingham piece just a little bit larger than my ovals. I taped down the gingham panel, then added 2 pieces of White Satin String.    

For the last steps, I added the oval panel on top of the cord, placed the sentiment oval on top and then topped it off with a cherry... a Cherry Bomb Candy Striper that is!  


Your card is so fun and cute! Thanks Misti!!

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.
 
Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Misti used. 

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: