Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Christmas Bendi Card

Hello! It's Diane here today at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog, to share with you a wonderful card I have made using the Bendi Card tutorial that is on Splitcoast Stampers. There is also a video that is by the designer of the tutorial.  I suggest you watch the video as it is very informative.

I have seen a few versions of this card. In fact, while visiting with my friends from three other states to share ideas, not only did I bring this idea along, but so did one of the other girls with a different version!!

This is really an easy card to do. I did learn a few tips along the way which I will share with you. I think the hardest part is deciding which dies to use!

For my card, I started with white cardstock and covered both the front and back pieces.

For the outside I used a glitter paper, but it was a very thick paper Tip: I would choose a thinner piece next time. It was hard to get it to bend.

The inside was covered with a piece of paper that I  had on hand...that is what is so fun, you can use anything you choose!

The dies I used on the front of my card are Winter Cabin Landscape and Tall Birch by Memory Box.

Inside I used  Deer TrioSanta's Sleigh and Reindeer, Snowflowers Set 2, and Country House by Memory box.



Here is a quick tutorial of the measurements to start with. The way you decorate is up to you! The ideas are endless with all the wonderful die cuts we can purchase.  I will list a few links below for ideas. You will need to start with a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock.


Cut this piece at 4 1/4", leaving you with two panels measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".


Cut one of the panels at 2 1/2".  You will now have one piece for the base and two pieces for the swinging flaps.


Score 1/2" on each end of the swinging flaps. Trace a line lightly with pencil at 1/2" at the opposite side of the scored line. Tip:  I made my line slightly wider as I wanted my flap a bit bigger.


  Free hand cut two notches.

Trace a line with a pencil on the base piece of cardstock 4" from the end. Tip: I made mine slightly in more, as I wanted a bit more of a "bend".

Trace a line on the left swinging flap (the bigger one) 2" from the end. Mark with pencil on top of those two lines where you will make the slits for the notches to be inserted. Cut the slits with a hobby blade.  Tip: I lined up my flaps even with the bottom, and the notches to the markings, so I knew exactly where to cut my slits.


Erase all your pencil lines and marks. Add 1/4" Scor-Tape  to the end of the flaps on the scored side.

Hand draw the valleys at the top of each flap. Cut inside the trace line, adhere flaps to the base card.  Decorate as desired.


A tip for decorating, when covering your slits with paper, remember to flip your card over and recut them, and also don't cover up your slits with tape, pop ups, etc. when decorating. Most of all have fun!!


Here are a few links for suggestions for your own Bendi card:
These are just a few suggestions.  There are many, many more!


Wonderful card and tutorial! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Diane used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

Pin It

2 comments:

Holly said...

Ooooohhhh beautiful! Love all the white with the glitter!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Gorgeous!