Monday, November 18, 2013

Leaping Deer

Hi friends, it's Holly posting today!

I've got another Christmas card to share with you, and this one has a country rustic feel to it.




I started off with a Kraft card base (A2 size). I added a strip of the red paper from the Tradition 6" x 6" paper pad from Authentique, at the bottom of the card.  Next I cut a piece of green cardstock, and added it to the top of the card. To finish off the base layers, I cut a smaller layer of the Christmas floral paper from the same Tradition 6" x 6" paper pad and adhered it to the green cardstock.  

I then cut the Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily Die  from green cardstock and trimmed the doily in half.  I glued one half of the doily on the floral paper.  The other half of the doily has been set aside for another project.

Using a strip of the off-white paper from the Traditions 6" x 6" paper pad, I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Sentiments by Impression Obsession, with green ink in the center.  I glued this off-white strip right below the half-doily and added one of the Cranberry Pearls to dot the "i" in the sentiment.

The final step was to die cut the Leaping Deer by Memory Box out of Kraft cardstock. I affixed the deer to my card using Joy! Foam Pads.

I love how this deer mimics the red paper below - look closely and you'll see the white leaping deer on that paper. Neat, huh? 

Great card for the holidays! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

Be sure to take advantage of this week's paper sale!   Details are here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  
Pin It

No comments: