Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snow Scenes Ornament

Hi!  It's Diane, with a little glittery fun!

One of my favorite color combinations for Christmas is silver and pink. However, those colors don't fit in my home, being a log home, at all.

I can pacify my love of it by creating cards in those colors. Which brings us to today's card!  I love a vintage look and when I saw the Flourishes Snow Scenes stamp set Beverly has in her shop, I knew it was for me!


I started my card with a plain white card stock, adding a piece of design paper I had on hand.  It was adhered with 1/2" Scor-Tape.  On top I layered a gorgeous doily cut from Cheery Lynn Designs Pinwheel Doily with Angel Wing (and this doily is on sale in the shop right now).


I cut an ornament from the Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments. I stamped my cute little children building a snowman from the Flourishes set Snow Scenes with Versamark, then heat set with a Silver detail embossing powder.

Around the edge of the ornament, I added Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkled that with the gorgeous Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Glitter!

I tied a real jingle bell to the bottom, but you could use the Memory Box Jolly Jingle Bells for mailing purposes.
To finish off my card, I added three snowflakes from
Cheery Lynn Designs Snowflowers Set 1 and Snowflowers Set 2 and covered with glitter.

I think it turned out beautifully. I hope you enjoyed today's post and will see you again soon!


A cute and fun card for the holiday! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products used.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 

Pin It

No comments: