Saturday, November 9, 2013

Twinkles, the Blue Snowman

Hi folks! It's Holly posting today!

I am slowly working on my Christmas card stash.  I've got a cute Christmas card to share with you today, and I hope y'all like it!



Isn't that a cute snowman??  I stamped this Twinkles snowman, (Impression Obsession), onto white cardstock and colored him with Copic markers.  I cut him out with the 2" x 3" rectangle die from the new Blueprints 6 die set and then I set him aside while I worked on the rest of my card.

My card base is an A2 sized card using medium blue cardstock.  I used the largest rectangle die from the Blueprints 6 to cut a white background layer, as well as a blue snowflake background layer.

The blue snowflake paper is from the new Graphic 45 6x6 paper pad called 12 Days of Christmas.  It's GORGEOUS! I love the colors and the patterns in this new paper pad.

I cut about an inch and a half off the bottom of the blue snowflake background layer and glued it directly to the white one.  I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession), with black ink onto the white background layer and let it dry.

There is a solid dark blue paper in the 12 Days of Christmas paper pad, and I pulled that out and cut the pretty dotted scallop border using the Blueprints 6 from the dark blue paper.  I glued that to my background papers directly above the stamped sentiment.

The colored snowman piece was glued to my background right above the dotted scallops and then I wrapped some blue seam binding around my background and tied it in a knot.

I used the dark blue paper and cut it with the fun little rounded tag from the Blueprints 6 and glued it onto the side of my snowman piece.

The button was die cut from white cardstock using the coordinating button die in the Blueprints 6.  I glued the die cut button down on the rounded tab piece.  With all my pieces in place, this background piece was glued down to my card base.

I love this card.  The snowman, the blue papers, the fun die cuts, and the sentiment all work perfectly together.  I love how all these different die shapes from the new Blueprints 6 work so well together.  I'm having a lot of fun playing with them!


Such a cute card! Thanks Holly!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products  used.

Join Classy Cards 'n Such newsletter to get the latest weekly deals not found elsewhere, new product detail and a one time 20% off your first order!!  The sign up form is on the upper left side of the blog under the pink envelope.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

No comments: