Saturday, December 14, 2013

White Window Poinsettia

Hi, it's Holly posting today.  I've got another Christmas card to share with you, and this one is all white with a few pops of color.



I started by embossing some white cardstock with the Spellbinders M-Bossabilites Bricks and Bark embossing folder. Next, I cut out the Grand Gothic Window and the Grand Gothic Stained Glass Window, by PoppyStamps, from white cardstock.  I glued the Grand Gothic Stained Glass Window die cut to the inside of the Grand Gothic Window. Then I took the inside piece that was cut out from the Grand Gothic Window, (the piece you would probably throw away), and I glued that to the back of the entire window.  That way you won't see the embossed brickwork through the window when you glue it down on the card. I glued my 3-piece window to the brick background and then I worked on the pops of color.

I cut out the Small Blooming Poinsettia from PoppyStamps, out of red cardstock and then I cut it out again from olive cardstock so I could have some green leaves in the very back of the poinsettia. First, I covered the tiny little stamen piece with some Champagne Stickles and set that aside to dry.  Then I glued the layers of the red petals together and then glued those on top of the green petals. I set my poinsettia aside to dry completely while I cut out the greenery.

I pulled out the Wreath Strip die by Cheery Lynn Designs, and cut out four of the sprigs from olive cardstock.  I glued these down at the bottom of the white window, two on each side. I adhered my poinsettia in the center of the foliage.  After making sure the Champagne Stickles was completely dry, I glued the glittery stamens to the center of the poinsettia.  Last, I used my fingers to fluff up the poinsettia leaves for that little dimensional pizzazz.

The Small Blooming Poinsettia is the perfect size for projects like this.  It works great with all the fantastic window dies in the Classy Cards 'n Such store and it is equally wonderful by itself.  If you were so inclined, you could make a whole bunch of these and have a big cluster of poinsettias on a card. Wouldn't that be fabulous??


A great card for the holidays! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


  
Pin It

No comments: