Saturday, February 1, 2014

What Does the Fox Say?

Hi!  Diane here with you once again with my cute little Valentine Fox card.

I am sure you all have heard the little jingle "what does the fox say"?? It seems you are seeing little foxes everywhere, wrapping paper, on shirts, ornaments and so on.


That is what gave me the inspiration for this little fellow.  He is made with one of the new line of stencils that is now in the shop at Classy Cards 'n Such. I have to admit now this is going to sound like the old "my dog ate my homework routine", but it is the truth!

When I first started out to use my Small Fox stencil, I had purchased some Metallic Copper Embossing Paste, which I used on my stencil and he was drying on my desk.  Well, I have a {crafter kitty} that at the worst moment decided to jump on my creative desk. All I can say is I now have bits of Metallic Copper Embossing Paste on my carpet. The Metallic Copper Fox will visit another day!  Enough said!

I embossed my Small Fox  onto card stock like you would normally emboss a Spellbinders die, then water colored him entirely with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink Marker Rusty Hinge, but didn't spend a lot of time filling him in, as I wanted a fur look.

After he was dry (with no cat mishap), I mounted him on a piece of Graphic 45 paper, which was popped up on an embossed background using the Dots embossing folder.
My little heart is a Spellbinders die which is included in the set Vintage Label and Banner die set.

Other products used are Joy! Foam Pads Large, and 1/2" Scor-Tape. There is a nice selection of paper here to choose from.

On a last note, what does the fox say??  On the inside of my card, it says "I love you"!!

See you soon!!!


What an adorable card! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

3 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable!! The fox is so cute!! What a fun card!! I love it!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Debbie said...

Okay, I'll admit it. I've never heard of this with the fox. Go figure. I learn something new every day! I do love this card. Your fox is so adorable!I can't get over how cute your card turned out!!!

Debbie

Darlene said...

OMG this is so adorable! Awesome embossing too Diane! LOVE IT!