Thursday, February 20, 2014

Yummy Birthday Cake

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today! Do you know anyone who has a birthday coming up? This card would be perfect, don't you think?  


I pulled out the Vintage Bliss 6" x 6" paper pad and pulled out some fun papers for my cake layers. I cut out each layer of the Petite Cakes die from a different sheet of paper. I then cut out the Scalloped Cake Stand from a natural white cardstock. I only needed the largest cake stand, so I set the two smaller ones aside.

An oval was cut from Kraft cardstock, and then I used the natural white cardstock to cut a matching scallop oval from the Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Large set. I assembled the cake stand and the cake layers on the Kraft oval. The small and medium cake layers were popped up with Joy! Foam Pads Small.

I used the cake layers as inspiration to create my background, so I cut the same papers from the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss 6" x 6" paper pad. I adhered the background papers to a sheet of natural white cardstock and then adhered that to a Kraft card base.

The ovals with the cake was adhered Joy! Foam Pads Small to the center of the card.

I then cut out the Happy - set of 2 sizes and the Birthday - set of 2 sizes, (both die sets from Cheery Lynn Designs are sold out), from Kraft cardstock and adhered them above and below the birthday cake.


That designer cake looks good enough to eat! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  

Pin It

No comments: