Monday, March 3, 2014

A Gift with Bloom

Hi, it's Joy today!

When I heard the challenge from Classy Cards 'n Such would be to use a flower from Susan's Garden dies by Sizzix, I was so excited.  These are quality dies that help you make beautiful flowers that can be used on lots of different projects.

I made a little box for a bracelet I made my granddaughter. 


First, a little match box was made using the Scor-Buddy Mini Scoring Tablet.

The flower parts were cut using the Lily from Susan's Garden. To texturize the individual petals and the leaves, I used the medium ball stylus from the Susan's Garden Tool Kit. This tool kit was purchased because it  has a molding pad and a leaf pad. There is another version of the tool kit called Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit and it has a cute carrying case.

The flower was quickly assembled on top of a separate piece of card stock in case I messed up the flower, I would not need to do another box. Next time I won't to this because the flower assembly was so quick and easy. I used a Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge - Distress Ink Marker to make the little freckles in the petals. Before the stamen was glued in the center, the tips were dipped in a little glue and then dipped into some flower soft. The Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive is one of the best around for assembling these flowers and is perfect for the flower soft.

I love doing these flowers - they can be used for so many projects.  I saw a wreath made from  different Susan's Garden dies - it was heavenly!  

I'm off to make a few more of these beauties. Have a happy stamping day!


A great way to share your gifts! Thanks Joy!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Joy's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

   
Pin It

No comments: