Monday, March 24, 2014

Beloved Pet

Hi, Joy here today showing you a card made with products from my favorite store - Classy Cards 'n Such. The challenge was to make a cat or dog card with a twist - the twist was an umbrella - now that's a challenge!

This was made for a girlfriend who lost her sweet companion of 14 years.  My heart went out to her and I'm hoping this will let her know I understand how important our furry friends are.


I made the umbrella by die cutting four scallops using the scallop die from Blueprints 4 by My Favorite Things, lining them up carefully and close together. Then using an oval Spellbinders die I cut out just half the oval The handle of the umbrella is half of a paper clip.

The sentiment is from Clearly Sentimental About Pets from My Favorite Things stamped on Vintage Labels Two Dies by Spellbinders.

The sentiment and the umbrella were popped up using the large Joy Foam Pads. The paper is from Double Dot Designs by Bo Bunny. The wood grain paper is from a 6x6 paper pad Vintage Bliss from Simple Stories.

This would be a great opportunity for you to challenge a friend to post a project. I often challenge my sister to join me in challenges. Just go to Classy Cards 'n Such blog and enter your project. You could win a nice gift certificate from Classy Cards 'n Such online store.


A lovely card to send comfort to your friend! Thanks Joy!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Joy's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.
  
There are lots of new products, including new stamps and dies, in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!  Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: