Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Holly's Peacock Peony

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!

Have you played in the Mother's Day challenge yet?  This is the card I created for the challenge, and I kinda hate to give this one away. That flower is just so pretty!  But I know my mom will enjoy this card, and she totally deserves to have a pretty card for her special day.


I started this card by smooshing some Peacock Feathers Distress Stain and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain onto a nonstick craft mat.  I spritzed it with water, and then dragged some white cardstock through the stains.  After this dried, I used it with the Lovely Peony Background die for my flower background.  I cut out some black cardstock with the Lovely Peony Outline die, and then glued this black outline to the blue flower with a Quickie Glue Pen. Some Baby White Pearls were affixed to the center of the flower and then I set this aside while I assembled the card.

I stamped the Wooden Plank Cover a Card background (Impression Obsession) using the Mega Mount Tool with Versamark onto some Kraft cardstock.  I wanted a more distressed, weather beaten look to my background, so I smooshed the Versamark inkpad all over the stamped Kraft cardstock background.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Hugs and Kisses Sentiments, (JustRite), with black ink at the bottom.

I cut a strip of the plaid paper from the Vintage Bliss 6x6 paper pad and glued it at a diagonal onto my wood background and then I tied some Chalk White Seam Binding around it.  The flower was affixed to the card with some Large Joy Foam Pads and then I glued this onto a pink card base.

This turned out to be a fun, happy, and sweet Mother's Day card.  I can't wait to see the look on my mom's face when she sees this card. I hope you play along in the challenge!


Your card is so unique and pretty! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: