Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Under The Sea

Today is week three for our  guest designer, Diana Nguyen. She has an awesome card for us today!


Some cards just kind of make themselves.  This was one of them, and it's very different from my usual cards!  I wanted to play with my new Texture Wave stencil from Classy Cards 'n Such.


I turned it sideways and started sponging in Tim Holtz Blue China.  It made me think of seaweeds waving in the water.

Years ago I had purchased some fish rub-ons to decorate the boys' bathroom, (which I never got around to and then I no longer liked the idea), so I found those (which is a miracle really) and used them on this card instead.

I fussy cut the two smaller fishes while they were still on that stiff plastic and popped them up for dimensions.  The edges were translucent like vellum and the extra stiffness was just perfect.

I used my Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A to make my frame, and they are also popped up, along with some of Verve's Sprightly Sprigs which were sponged with Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemonade.

Some final touches with baby pearls and a bit of tracing with the Sakura Star Dust pen to finish underwater scene.

Thanks for looking and I hope you find a way to repurpose art supplies!



What a colorful and fun card! It's so cute! Thanks Diana!

Click any of the product photos below for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diana's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

Pin It

2 comments:

Diane said...

I LOVE your card Diana...so unique and pretty...and enjoyed your post as well, glad you could put those fish to good use!!!

Debbie said...

I just love this card. It's so bright and cheerful. It reminds me of a Disney movie, so vivid and you just can't stop looking at it.