Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Holiday JOY

Greetings, my friends!  Mindy here, to share with you a holiday card using the negative space left over when using a die cut system.

This was a new challenge for me, because I am fairly new at collecting and  using wafer thin dies in my Cuttlebug machine. I have so many friends here in blog land, that use layers upon layers of dies to create the most beautiful dimensional cards I have ever seen.

The challenge at Classy Cards 'N Such this week is #44- Using the Negative of a die cut. I started out by using an A2 size piece of stock, and die cut the Fancy Ornament die, by Impression Obsession, from the center of the paper. I then moved the die just a little to the right and down about 1" and cut the Fancy Ornament again.


I then took a lighter piece of A2 stock and embossed the Vintage Flowers embossing folder from Crafts Too!, and placed it behind the cut out of the ornaments, using foam tape between the layers. There was too much open area to show the negative space, so I adhered the positive image ornament in the lower opening and added some glitter.

I also added a silver bow and some glitter thread to each ornament to look as if it were hanging from the tree.

To add a little more bling to the card, I added some of the Allure Swirl- Silver Rhinestones down the left side, and die cut the word JOY for the sentiment.

I hope you will all try something new when creating your cards. It is so much fun to try a new technique when being creative! Have fun!


Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right column. You'll love the special sales!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





Pin It

No comments: