Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Sunflower Garden

Hi, it's Jenny posting!  I wanted to use the colors in the challenge photo this week, and I got the red and yellow, but when the card changed and went in a different direction than I'd envisioned, I ended up not using white as a third central color.



First I started by stamping the Impression Obsession Wooden Plank Cover-a-Card stamp on white card stock with tea dye distress ink.  Then I sponged over it with weathered wood distress ink.  To further age the wood, I sponged more tea dye ink using a Memory Box Pattern Tula stencil over the background.

I then used the same stencil on the center front panel which has been popped up with Joy! Foam Pads.  The center was sponged with weathered wood and mustard seed distress inks.

To create the flowers I used the Susan's Garden Mini Daisy die and colored them with Susan's Garden PanPastels.  The leaves are from the Spellbinders Foliage die and were also colored with Susan's Garden PanPastels.  I shaped the flowers and leaves using flower molding tools from two different McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kits.

The sentiment is from JustRite Poppies Labels Twenty Nine and was stamped using black Memento Ink.  The doily behind the flowers is a Memory Box Marietta Buckle and the red frame is a Spellbinders Labels Eighteen die.

To add a little sparkle (not sure I can make a card without some bling) I added Stickles to the front petals of the flower and also to the flower centers.  After the Stickles dried, I went over the centers of the flowers with a black Viva Decor pen to add dimension and also to create more interest.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please join us for this fun challenge, I can't wait to see what you create!


Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right hand column of the blog. You'll love the special sales!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






  
Pin It

1 comment: