Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sweet Memories

Greetings friends, Mindy here to share with you a card that reminds me of days gone by. The scent of Sweet Memories of Lavender and Rose.

This week at Classy Cards 'n Such is challenge #45  1, 2, 3 My 1, 2, 3 ingredients are one stamp, two layers, and three die-cuts. I hope you will be inspired to create with me!


The one stamp I used, is a clear stamp, The Scent of Sweet Memories from Stampavie. I stamped it on a blending card with Memento ink, then colored it in with my Copic markers, but any markers or pencils would be fine to use.

Using my A2 Matting Basics Set A dies from Spellbinders, I cut around the image. Out of the remaining blending stock, I cut the outside detailed layer from Decorative Labels Eight, also from Spellbinders. I then adhered both the image and the frame, on a rectangle of yellow card stock, using Large Joy! Foam Pads behind the frame, to give the card more dimension and make it pop!  That completed step two - two layers.

To complete step three and my card, I die cut a small yellow rose and added a layer of Clear glitter pen by Wink of Stella to make the die cut twinkle. That equals three die-cuts used.

Like the song goes, A-B-C, as easy as 1-2-3, and so is this card! I hope you enjoy making one and submitting it to our challenge. We would love to see your work! 


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






     
Pin It

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

What a cool image. Love that you did the flower the way you did - really does make someone think of sweet memories. Lovely frame too. Well done!

wannabcre8tive said...

Mindy, your card is so pretty. I love the frame you used and the coloring is great.