Monday, August 25, 2014

Thankful For You

Hi everyone, it's Jenn!  I'm back to share a card with you created for our challenge this week - Sunflower Inspired.

As soon as I saw this challenge, I knew that I would be pulling out my French Country designer paper by Graphic 45. I literally am in love with every single sheet in this paper pad!



I started with a 4.25 x 5.5 card stock base. I distressed the edges of the sunflower paper from the French Country paper pad to add to my card base. Next, using Lattice Rectangles by Spellbinders, and white cardstock, I die-cut a lovely rectangle to stamp my sunflower on. I colored it, and then added a green bling rectangle from the Lattice Rectangles - Nestabling - Blue/Green Rhinestones around the sunflower, and just inside the lattice edges. I added some Mustard Seed Distress Ink around the lattice edges.

For my next layer, I used the opposite side of the sunflower paper, and a slightly dark card stock to create a long rectangle. I glued the pieces together, and then ran them through my Cuttlebug with the Anna Griffin Matelasse embossing folder. I love the weaved appearance you get from this folder. It makes my sunflower appear as if it is poking out over a fence.   

For finishing touches, I used the Teramo Labels from Memory Box, to die-cut a label to stamp my sentiment on. These lovely little label die-cuts are perfect for stamping small sentiments on, and there are two other sets that Beverly carries in the store. I own them all, and will be showcasing more of them at a later date. 

I hope you have enjoyed my card today and feel inspired to join our latest challenge.


If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page.

Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

No comments: