Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Fall Roses

It's Graciellie today, to share with you the card I made for this week's challenge: Stripes, Dots, Chevrons. You can use all of the patterns or just one of them! I decided to go for the dots.

To make my card, first I printed a digital patterned paper that I designed on White Pearl Linen. Then I die cut the patterned paper with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.


To embellish the front of my card I die cut three ovals from Spellbinders Elegant Ovals, one medium size and two small ones. I created a medallion label with the last two, mounting one over the other. I ran across a piece of gross grain ribbon in cream between the medium oval and the small medallion label.

I added a few pine leaves to one side of the Elegant Ovals that were die cut from PoppyStamps Pine Garland, that looks quite charming and goes along well with the Fall theme.


Before I adhered the ovals to the patterned layer, I mounted them on a strip of beige cardstock that I previously stenciled with Metallic Gold Embossing Paste, using a Large Damask brass stencil, both from Dreamweaver. To finish the design I added two Baby Pearls - LeCreme.

I enjoyed very much making my card. I loved using the rich, gold embossing paste, experimenting with my dies and seeing it all resulted together with the roses and the dots.

I hope you can join our challenge this week! To visit the store and check out the supplies I used, click here. Thanks for stopping by.


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added! 

Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right hand column of the blog. You'll love the special sales!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 







Pin It

No comments: