Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Oh, Deer!

Hi, it's Jenny posting today.  I made this card for the newest Classy Cards 'n Such Santa's Reindeer challenge. 

This is a shaker card and was very simple to create.  I started with a 5.5"x5.5" square gray card and then cut each of the white and pink patterned paper layers a quarter of an inch smaller than the previous layer.


I cut the beautiful delicate frame from the PoppyStamps Claudette Frame die. I then glued the white die cut to the soft pink patterned paper, from the Trimcraft Love Letters paper pad, and then cut out the center using a Spellbinders Classic Squares Small die.

I cut another square out of white card stock using the same Spellbinders square die, and then embossed the square with the Anna Griffin Cherry Blossom embossing folder. The flower burst embossed pattern reminds me of snowflakes. I glued the white embossed square to the center of the large white layer so the embossing would show through the window.

I glued the gray Impression Obsession deer off-center to the embossed square, and then sprinkled loose clear iridescent snowflakes over him. The edges of the deer's antlers and feet were brushed with Tea Dye Distress Ink.

I glued a clear plastic square (left over from packaging) to the reverse of the Love Letters pink paper, then formed a square around the underside of the central opening with foam tape. I turned the panel right side up, and pressed down on the foam tape to get a nice seal around the interior shaker box.

Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see your reindeer creations!


This would be a great time to join in the challenge. Click on the Current Challenge label on the right side of the blog and check out the details. Challenge a friend to join you!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

1 comment:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card. I love the beautiful frame.