Friday, September 26, 2014

Summer Daydreams

Hello, it's Mindy today, longing to walk along the beach with sand between my toes and feeling the warm sun shining down on my shoulders.

During the long hot days of summer, I find myself daydreaming about the beach. Remembering these, led me to this scene I dream about being outside my window.


I stamped the By The Window Series- Summer stamp from Stacy Stamps on watercolor paper, and colored it in using my Distress Markers as watercolors.  Watercolor with Distress Markers is so easy, you just scribble some of the marker on a non-porous surface such as a clear stamping block or silicone mat, and then adding a bit of water with a small paintbrush.  I painted the design in several steps, letting it air dry completely between colors.

When the painting was dry, I adhered it to a card stock base to flatten it a bit.  For the curtains, I die cut and folded several pieces of Heavy Weight Vellum available in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store, with a border die and adhered them to the top and sides of the card.  For accent I added some Baby Pearls to the curtain and a length of matching twine tied around the card in a bow.

To finish off, I stamped the saying from Art Impressions, I thought of you today, on a scrap of the Vellum, and used Joy! foam pads to attach it to the card front.

I hope you are enjoying your summer, by staying cool and comfortable. Stamp On!


Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

No comments: