Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thanks A Bunch

The gently falling leaves seem to whisper to me, saying fall is on it's way and summer will soon be through.

Mindy here, to share with you a card inspired by this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such, Trees and/or Foliage.


I love the many colors of fall, showcasing the autumn colors of orange, yellow, green, and brown. I started with a sheet of the Super Gold Metallic paper, and cut it in half crosswise 5.5"X 8.5" for an A2 size card. I then scored it in half at 4.25", and ran the front of the card through my Cuttlebug machine with my Dots embossing folder by Crafts, Too!

I then die cut a branch similar to the Bare Branch by Impression Obsession, and ran the Small Leaf Set also several times through the die cut machine. I then took several fall colors of chalk inks to highlight the edges of each leaf before gluing them on the branches and the pile on the ground.

I then cut a frame from the Valiant Honor Card Creator set from Spellbinders, along with the label from this same set. I adhered the frame with foam tape for dimension on top of the tree branch, and then stamped the phrase on the label.

To finish the card, one of the puppy dog dies from the Puppy Set from Impression Obsession was added to the leaf pile. 


We invite you to create a card for this week's challenge, and submit it on our challenge page. You could win a wonderful gift for your card making supplies. Enjoy!


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge label on the right side of the blog!

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 
 
Pin It