Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Pink Christmas

Hello, it is Shirley posting today.   Our challenge this week, Think Pink, is to make a pink card.

Were you expecting me to make a Christmas card this week?  A pink one? If so, you are in luck! I did make a pink Christmas card, but there is a very special story that I am sharing today on my blog. If you visit my blog at My Pinkie Is Inkie in Boxertown, you will find the reason this card is so important, for me and for others. Pink really is a beautiful color for a Christmas holiday card.


I used a pink card base. l then added a piece of white card stock and a piece of pink card stock.  These pieces were attached to the card base with adhesive.

I stamped the Merry Christmas at the top of the pink layer. by using the Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiment  stamp set. I used Versamark to stamp the sentiment and embossed with White embossing powder.

I used the Memory Box Shining Candles die, to cut the candles from white card stock. I attached the candles to the pink card with glue.

I used the Impression Obsession Pine Branch die, to cut three branches from white card stock. I cut the branches in pieces and layered them across the bottom of the candles. I used glue to adhere the branches to the candles.

I had some pretty pink sequins in my embellishment box, and I glued three of them over the top of the Pine Branch dies. If you don't have any sequins in your supplies, you could use the new Sequins dies from My Favorite Things. Cut or color them to match your project!

I added White Pearls to the sequins.  I used Crystal Stickles on the candle flames. This completes my card for the challenge.

Thank you, for visiting today. Don't forget to come back every day and see what our fabulous design team has in store for you!


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
  




 
Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Not a surprise to me that your THINK PINK card has such a touching background story. Your strength, hope, and perseverance, as well as the way you are touching other cancer patients with your cards and encouragement is a witness to all, that cancer is not unbeatable!

Love those tall diecut candles backed and embellished with pink sequins - they sparkle - just like your personality and smile. Whoever is in the hospital for the holidays will appreciate this kind and touching gesture!!