Thursday, October 30, 2014

Candy Cane Swirl

Hi, Diana here to share you my card for Classy Cards 'n Such for the Candy Cane Christmas inspired challenge.

Sometimes I take such challenges literally - it's just easier that way.  Ha ha!


I think the new Impression Obsession Christmas Icons are just the cutest little dies, and are just so versatile. Here I arranged the candy canes cut from red card stock into a circular shape on top of some card stock I ran through with a Tim Holtz Holly embossing folder. Then I added the little Christmas tree at the center. Everything looks better framed right? This is no exception.

Here I made a nice wide frame using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and popped it up with Joy! Small Foam Pads. My sentiment from Verve is embossed with Silver Detail embossing powder.




Isn't that little tree just adorable? I die cut it eight times, stacked them up, and centered it within my candy cane swirl.  I then die-cut it out of the gold and silver SB Precious Metals Craft Foil and used the negative die cuts to fill in the garland and ornaments. It's such a tiny bit but it packs a big punch, don't you think? 

Thank you so much for looking and hope you get a chance to play along!

There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge label on the right side of the blog!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

No comments: