Monday, October 27, 2014

Merry Christmas

Hi, it's Jenny posting again! I designed this card for the latest challenge Candy Cane Christmas. I hope you can come join us and play along.

I started by looking through my Christmas papers and new dies.


This card came together quickly. The new Sue Wilson dies are so versatile. I didn't realize when I ordered them that there were so many possibilities with them. I love how they give you the option of having a mat behind the beautiful scroll design.

First I cut a piece of red card stock 1/4 inch smaller than my 5.5 x 5.5 card. I cut the Bo Bunny Mistletoe paper to a 5 x 5 square and glued them down.

I used red paper to cut out the Sue Wilson French Collection - Provence mat.  I used the smaller of the two shaped dies in the set to back the red scroll design with a white mat.  I used Joy! Foam Pads to attach the center to the patterned trees paper for dimension.

The green center of the scroll design was cut with the smaller shaped die from the French Collection - Provence die set.  The green center was raised using Joy! Foam Pads.

The top tag layer was cut from white card stock from the Sue Wilson French Collection - Corner, Border and Tag dies.

I used the die as a stencil and sponged red distress ink in the center.  The die creates little raised dots around the central oval and I added red flat-backed Pearls for a little glam.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is a stamp from my stash.

Thanks for looking and I can't wait to see your Candy Cane Christmas creations!


Check out the CLEARANCE section here at Classy Cards 'n Such! Select Spellbinders dies have been added! They are going fast, so hurry over and get your favorites today! 

If there is something you can't find in the store, you can click here to email the store. You get fantastic customer service and fast shipping.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

No comments: