Thursday, October 30, 2014

Season's Blessings

Hello Friends! Mindy here with you to share a card that I had been wanting to make for quite some time.

I purchased this window die in the Classy Cards 'n Such and I thought it would be lovely on a card for the holidays.


Here is how I started. I cut the Grand Gothic Stained Glass Window by PoppyStamps from black card stock. I then had to decide what other colors I wanted to cut the die from to get the stained glass look. The technique used is called Colored Die-cut Inlay, and Jennifer McGuire has several videos on YouTube demonstrating it.

After the background (black) was cut, and the negative area removed, I covered the back of the die in a Double Sided Adhesive Scor-Tape sheet, and pressed it down firmly. I then fussy cut around the frame so I would only be working with the image itself. I then started placing the colored wedges and shapes where I wanted them in the design.  It's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.

After all my areas were filled with the colored segments, I then sprinkled the remaining openings with Crystal Ice ultra fine glitter mixed with a little Misty Blue glitter. The ultra fine glitter sticks well on the Scor-Tape if you burnish it with your bone folder or finger. Tap off the excess glitter and return it to it's jar. You can then peel off the liner of the double sided paper and have a sticker to place on your card. 

I forgot to mention that I ran the front of my card through the Lattice embossing folder by Crafts Too!, before placing my sticker on it.

To complete the card, I ran a strip of card stock backed with Double Sided Adhesive Scor-Tape sheet through my die-cut machine along with my Season's Greetings die, by Elizabeth Crafts.  (I made a sticker of it). Then by removing the paper backing I could place it on my card without any trouble. 

I hope you have enjoyed this card, and maybe learned a new technique.  See you again soon!



You're invited to Classy Cards 'n Such to see all the amazing products available.

We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
 
Pin It

No comments: