Wednesday, November 12, 2014

JOYful Christmas!

Hello! Diana here to share with you a shaped card I made for my Christmas stash.  Shaped cards are very fun and easy to make.  You can find a tutorial here on how to make one.

I chose a very basic shape - a circle - to mimic the ornament I have as my focal point in my layered card. The base is made from a stitched circle die, the next is the largest of the Heart Circles from Spellbinders, popped up with Joy! foam pads. A circle from silver metallic card stock, and finally my top white, on which my Memory Box Cabrini Ornament is placed.

I do love my Spellbinders Metals Craft Foil. It just goes so well with Christmas! Here I used a gold one for the outlines, some red for the berries and the ornament is cut from glitter tape. I also cut the letters JOY out of the gold foil. Finally, some ribbon and silver floss to top off my ornament.


Spellbinders Heart Circle, Memory box, cabrini Ornament, Diana Nguyen, CAS, Christmas

When I stood up my card, it did roll around until settling on its side. To fix that, I cut a flat bottom on the inside flap so that it would stand upright yet still be a perfect circle in the front.


Hope you can play along with our Classy Card 'n Such Ornament and Ribbon challenge!


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

If there is something you can't find in the store, you can click here to email the store.  We have fantastic customer service and shipping!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...








Pin It

No comments: